Friday, July 23, 2010

18. July - A busy day...

Started the day, helping Mum picking up fresh drinking water from the well.

Then disaster struck;
I wanted to have a quick look at the ATV, just to check if it was OK.
Stumbled, and hit the Norwegian rock with my forehead.
Looked bad for a moment, blood streaming down my face,
but it was easily fixed by Mum and Dad.
A cleanup, a nice plaster, and I was all ready to go..!

Relaxed for a while, had some water,
then Dad and I had to go over to Bjørn and Inger to check on them.

I had not met them before, but you see, Inger had some nice stuff to play with,
so I decided they are OK.

Even followed Bjørn to pick up some water from their well:-))

In the afternoon we went down to the farm to have a look at the cattle.
"Elvis", a Norwegian Elk Dog, welcomed me with a lot of barking.
Scarry at first, but I soon learned he was barking because he wanted to play with me.
Look at this beauty. She is only a few weeks old.

I was a bit skepticle. Better stay with Mum.

And here I didn't like it at all. The cows were too big.

Nice cows, but get me out of here, please...
Didn't even like the smell of them...!

The farmer, Tellef, tried to ensure me that the animals are harmless.
Not sure I believed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment